Effective Date: March 14, 2016
I. Information Collection and Use
What Information Does Romeo3 Collect About Me and Why?
If you register for or maintain an Romeo3 service account (aka Crusoe):
|We collect||Why we collect it|
|Your name, Evernote username, and email address||
|Actions you perform when accessing the Service, including your use of certain service features and your storage of particular forms of Content (e.g., PDFs or JPGs).||
|Your payment information||
If you visit a Romeo3 website:
|We collect||Why we collect it|
|Your email address (if you provide it)||
Finally, when you access the Service via an Romeo3 Software application, that application will request access to certain information on your computing device.
What Tracking Information Does Romeo3 Collect About Me Or My Devices?
What Is Romeo3’s Approach to Information Collected From Children?
Romeo3 does not knowingly collect personal information from children without parental consent. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained information in violation of applicable laws prohibiting collection of information from children without such consent, we will promptly delete it.
Will Romeo3 Contact Me?
You will continue to receive essential Service-related and account-related information, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
II. Information Access and Disclosure
Does Romeo3 Share My Personal Information or Content?
Romeo3 is not in the business of selling or renting your information. We only disclose your information – and then only the minimum information necessary – when:
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information with service providers who process data on our behalf in order to operate the Service, complete your payment transactions, and help us communicate with you.
- We need to share your information with service providers to fulfill your product or service requests, including sales, delivery and support requests.
- We need to share your information with resellers of a Paid Service or product in order to ensure accuracy in the payment for such Paid Service or product, the management of your account and the delivery of your purchase and related support services.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, to enforce the Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the Service.
- We determine that the access, preservation or disclosure of information is required or permitted by law to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Romeo3 and users of the Service, or is required to comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, court orders or other legal process.
- We do so in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of our business, as permitted by applicable law.
Some third parties’ embedded content or plugins on the Service, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, may allow their operators to learn that you have visited our website, and they may combine this information with other, identifiable information they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services.
We do not share your account information or user activity history with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you. We contract with third-party advertising networks in order to deliver relevant Romeo3 advertisements to you across the Internet and to manage our communications with you.
In addition, we may share with partners or service providers a hashed identifier derived from the personal information you have submitted to us (such as your email address) to serve you ads when you visit partners’ and providers’ websites, applications or platforms. We may, for instance, participate in the Twitter Tailored Audience and Facebook Custom Audience services. To learn more about the privacy controls that Twitter and Facebook offer and honor for those respective services, please visit here for Twitter and here for Facebook. We also may share a hashed identifier derived from the personal information you have submitted to us (such as your email address) with service providers who help us manage and track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
Does Romeo3 Access or Review My Notes?
As a rule, Romeo3 employees do not monitor or view your personal information or Content stored in the Service, but we list below the limited circumstances in which our employees may need to access or review your personal information or account Content:
- We believe our Terms of Service has been violated and confirmation is required or we otherwise have an obligation to review your account Content as described in our Terms of Service;
- We need to do so in order to respond to your request for support;
- Where necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Romeo3 and its users (including to protect against potential spam, malware or other security concerns); or
- In order to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders or other legal process. We vigilantly protect the privacy of your account Content and, whenever we determine it possible, we provide you with notice if we believe we are compelled to comply with a third party’s request for information about your account.
Romeo3 also uses a number of technologies to help you get the most out of the Service. Our systems automatically analyze your data in order to power Romeo3 features. For instances, our analytics will inform Romeo3 how active you are in linking notes.
In addition, by detecting certain actions you take in your account (such as sorting your links by color) or specific attributes associated with your links (such as annotations), we may suggest Romeo3 service features or products to you that we think will help you get the most out of our Service. We do not read or share of your account Content with anyone for any advertising purposes.
III. Data Storage and Transfer
Where Is My Data Stored?
When you use Crusoe Software on your computing device, such as by using one of our downloadable applications, Content you save will be stored locally on that device, as well as the links you create between pieces of Content. When you sync your computing device with the Service, the Links (not your Notes) will be replicated on our servers, which are located in the United States.
Please be aware that Personal Information and Content submitted to Romeo3 will be transferred to a data center in the United States. If you store information in or submit data to the Romeo3 website or Crusoe software and sync such Crusoe software with the Romeo3 service, you are confirming your consent to such information, including Personal Information and Content, being transmitted to, hosted and accessed in the United States.
How Secure Is My Data?
Romeo3 is committed to protecting the security of your information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. All of your Evernote notes have the excellent transmission security provided by Evernote. Crusoe only transmits to our secure Amazon servers the links you create in Crusoe between Evernote GUIDs. However, internet data transmissions, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of information during its transmission between you and us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your data, our server provider protects it on its servers using multiple safeguards. The security of the information stored locally in the Crusoe Software installed on your computing device is dependent upon you making use of the security features on your device. We recommend that you take the appropriate steps to secure all computing devices that you use with the Crusoe software and the Crusoe service.
If Romeo3 learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on our web site and/or via other communication platforms. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
IV. Contact Us
How Can I Contact Romeo3?
1020 S. Wabash Ave., Unit 7A Chicago, IL 60605